how to improve memory bandwidth

asuh

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
316
Hey, new OCer here. I've followed the OC community lightly in the past few years, but I'm in need of a little help.

I am including a pic of my sandra benchmark test for my memory, which is Mushkin PC3500 BH-5. These benchmarks are really bad!!

I have 2x512MB and my chips are running at 2-2-2-5. Any suggestions on what to do?


memory.jpg



My system is as follows:

P4 2.6c
stock fan w/ AS5
P4P800-Dlx
512x2 (1GB) Mushkin PC3500 BH-5
 
Looks like you're not running your system as dual channel. Put one ram stick in the first slot and the other in the third slot for dual channel.
 
wait, you should be running them together in slots 1 and 2?? I thought it would optimize the performance to run them in slots 1 and 2. Is there something I'm missing?

Oh, and where do I check to see if it's Dual Channel?
 
Thats the problem, its not running Dual Channel if you have them in slots 1 and 2. take the one that is in 2 and put it in 3. You should be set from there
 
wow, that did it. I didn't realize that's how you're supposed to do it. And all this time I've been running in single channel mode!

Now I gotta figure out how to get up a little higher!!

bandwidth.jpg
 
bravo, congrats man. not bump up that FSB and hit 6ooombps!!!!

you can do it on that CPU and ram!

C
 
Back
Top