How to get iTunes LAN Sharing to work through wireless?

MiR0

Limp Gawd
Hey,

I have the latest verison of the Linksys WRT54G with the latest firmware. I was wondering how do I get the LAN sharing feature in iTunes to work when I am connected through wireless on my laptop.

Thanks

Wireless is just like any other network interface, just with EMR waves instead of cable. You'd configure it like you would any network medium. At least within an application. There are some variances like encryption and so forth with WLAN's but for your needs, assuming you have wireless conntivity and it is functioning properly, do it like you would if you were wired.

theres a problem with that, i still dont know how to do it with a wired connection :(

any assistance anyone?

thanks

ktwebb said:
Wireless is just like any other network interface, just with EMR waves instead of cable. You'd configure it like you would any network medium. At least within an application. There are some variances like encryption and so forth with WLAN's but for your needs, assuming you have wireless conntivity and it is functioning properly, do it like you would if you were wired.

Exactly.

With that being said, you may need to be in the same workgroup. If both workstations are in the same workgroup, then make sure your songs are being shared via the iTunes preferences applet.

With iTunes open: Edit --> Preferences --> Sharing tab

You'll see the option in there, "Share My music." Make sure that's checked and you should be good to go.

The sharing it turned on for itunes, and there is only 1 laptop that is connecting to the wireless router. There are no other systems connected to the router.

The sharing works when conneted to the router with a cable, but not through wireless.

Back