• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

how to get good sound on a macbook?

stevyd10

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
65
Hey,

I am finally few up with the lame sound i am getting from my macbook when using ipod earphones.

Whats the best was to get really nice music with bass through earphones. Is it a simple case of getting high quality earphones (if so plz suggest some) or would i have to get some sort of usb sound card (is so plz suggest one.) I was looking at the x-fi go but not sure if it is mac compatible.

Thanks,

P.s. tried the iwow software and it was better sound but the quality was still useless.
 
iPod earphones sound fine out of an iPod but on the macbook they whistle and make all sorts of odd electronic noises that aren't repeated on a connected speaker.

It's a bit weird that.
 
better headphones. thats the only answer, since the ipod buds are crap.
 
A pair of easily driven headphones would be my recommendation. If you're moving around a lot then I'd say get some sort of in-ear or good buds. If you're mostly stationary and willing to spend more then I'd say get a DAC or amplifier and whatever kind of headphones that suit your musical tastes.

If I remember correctly the Sennheiser 595 (might have been the 590) model is easily driven, and lots of people use them without an amp (though it improves with one). A budget choice would be the koss porta pro, which is bass heavy. There's plenty of other choices, head-fi.org should provide more answers than you need.
 
those usb dac's look nice although its probably not for me! as this will be for school and i wouldn't like to take too expensive hardware with me :(

I'm looking at the moment at Sennheiser CX 300's but the problem is I have no clue how good these are! I know there will be a difference between £20 earbuds and £150 earbuds but apart from that i am stuck now :) but as the Sennheiser CX 300's are so cheap i might just get them and give them a try.

Thanks,
 
Back
Top