How to get an android app for custom device?

[U]ber|Noob

Limp Gawd
I set up a new micro arm computer I bought.

It can run linux or android but there is a single app I want to install that is only on android.

This is the app I want
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.knatech.colorfilter&hl=en

It won't let me install it because my device doesn't have the android store. I don't want to go through a whole load of hassle, I just want one app once, no more apps in the future.
Is there a safe place to download an apk without risks of malware.

It's the first time I have used android but I'm not liking this huge hassle just to get a small program. I don't mind even paying for this free app (with paypal) from the developer but I can't find the developers site.

what is your email ill download it from the google play store and extract the apk on my note 3 or you may visit the xda forum to see if you can just install the play store.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've just been experimenting with some similar (but not as complete) apps on amazon apps. It seems my device can't adjust the brightness (which I need in conjunction with the colour adjustment). I wonder if there is any way to adjust it.

well all i did was download the apk from the play store then used titanium backup to back it up giving me the bare apk in a zip file from there i put the apk in my sd card.

Do you know if the brightness setting with the app uses the android brightness?

Apparently when you change the brightness in the android os or with any app I have tried in the android os, it is a feature that only works with actual smartphone displays.

I tried adjusting the brightness in android, a brightness app and kodi and neither worked for this reason, so I assume that app would be the same (I actually found a very similar app (just without the brightness control) on amazon apps, but since I can't seem to adjust the brightness anyway it would probably be the same.

I'll have to start a new thread about brightness control in android.

i donno the app you posted a link to more of seems to put a filter over my screen and you can fully adjust the color and intensity i dont know if the app works on the android brightness or if it does it the way you need.

My device is a small form factor system.
It's not mobile, it's a very very small desktop case.
Odroid c1

Last edited:
[U]ber|Noob;1041498454 said:
My device is a small form factor system.
It's not mobile, it's a very very small desktop case.
Odroid c1

...so?

It's running android, which is a mobile operating system.

The people in the SFF forum are interesting in designing small form factor computers - actual computers. So we often don't have as much experience with the Android OS, as, say, the people in the forum dedicated to mobile.

...so?

It's running android, which is a mobile operating system.

The people in the SFF forum are interesting in designing small form factor computers - actual computers. So we often don't have as much experience with the Android OS, as, say, the people in the forum dedicated to mobile.

EDIT: (for clarity now that my brain isn't running on midnight oil)

If this were an issue with hardware, or how to make this be SFF, you'd be good, but it isn't. It's a question about a mobile OS.

Ok thanks. I posted there.

I thought it might be suitable for here because it was an issue with the smartphone os software not being designed for the small form factor hardware ie. hdmi out.

[U]ber|Noob;1041518284 said:
Ok thanks. I posted there.

I thought it might be suitable for here because it was an issue with the smartphone os software not being designed for the small form factor hardware ie. hdmi out.

Makes sense, but most of us don't have experience with Android.

Don't some tablets have mini-HDMI out?

Back