How to get a Ryzen 1700 and motherboard for free -- (buy a System - sell off extra parts on eBay)

The would randomly spin up 100% when at no load whatsoever, just got annoying.
As for branding, they look like plain old AMD reference cards with no branding whatsoever besides AMD on the fan.

I'll be calling and complaining seeing how my case was missing a component (a $20 one no less for holding headphones) and had none of the hardware you'd expect included. Bit disappointed in my purchase, hopefully I can sell the cards above retail.

You're making me nervous - what hardware was missing besides the mentioned headphone stand?

I just got my assembly notice for my remaining three AMD Systems, and tracking number for my Intel based system.

Last edited:
You're making me nervous - what hardware was missing besides the mentioned headphone stand?
They buy their cases OEM so of anyone is hoping for any accessories you'd normally get with a case, not getting them. The S340 Elite case is supposed to include the NZXT Puck.
Not a big deal, but my motherboard missing the wifi antennas is pretty disappointing.

I'm relatively satisfied, just a few minor issues that their support assured me will be resolved.

They assured me via e-mail yesterday that if you bought a modular power supply, they would send all the cables that would normally come with the power supply. They also confirmed that all their equipment is OEM - so it may not have all the 'retail' accessories, but they send what they get.

I too would have assumed WiFi antennas would be included with an OEM motherboard? They aren't that expensive on eBay or Amazon, but still -- yeah I'd hope they'd be included.

my order, which included the x370 taichi, arrives tomorrow and antennas better be in the box.

Last edited:
For you guys with plans to sell of your dual RX470 cards --- check this link out.
https://hardforum.com/threads/pny-xlr8-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-oc-for-633-from-dell.1939054/

If used with a befrugal account - (I can get you a referall to save an additional $10 if you pm me) - then you can get 6% off using their click through. So a 1080TI will be $595 new from Dell.

There doesn't seem to be a limit on quantity of cards.

I picked up three more 1080TI.

I'm going to sell all eight of my RX470 while the value is high.

Basically your two RX470's you got on this deal then sold on eBay can pretty even net you a 1080TI.

Last edited:
Anyone else cash in on the deal above for the 1080TI for $595?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'll have mine up this weekend and like anything else it is down to presentation and price, many other cards are going at $320-$375 for 4gb versions so I'll report back once they sell.

Just got notified mine got built today. Just gotta wait for it to ship now.

Shipped out today, now I get to wait till next Wednesday for it to arrive. Man amazon has spoiled me.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we'll need to go into the bios and change the PCIE config when we go back to 1 card after removing the dual 470's?

Does anyone know what 470s we are getting? I have mine expected to be delivered next Wednesday and it would be nice to know ahead of time what cards i'm getting. I plan on selling them immediately.

Last email from them for me was June 28, saying my order was in the warehouse phase..... I think the ship date was estimated at 7/11.....

I saw a couple 470's that went off cheap, like about $275... they had been modded for mining... but perhaps they went cheap due to the fact they HAD been used for mining....

Only a few have sold for less than $300..and still a fair number for north of 330!!

Fingers crossed..... Since I'm now thinking of mining, I've ordered 2 1070's, and am about to get more (Cheap from Dell after befrugal cashback deal) and had a 1080 Ti order cancelled--for 2 of them.

Last email from them for me was June 28, saying my order was in the warehouse phase..... I think the ship date was estimated at 7/11.....

I saw a couple 470's that went off cheap, like about $275... they had been modded for mining... but perhaps they went cheap due to the fact they HAD been used for mining....

Only a few have sold for less than $300..and still a fair number for north of 330!!

Fingers crossed..... Since I'm now thinking of mining, I've ordered 2 1070's, and am about to get more (Cheap from Dell after befrugal cashback deal) and had a 1080 Ti order cancelled--for 2 of them.

I'll be happy if i can get $300 for each of them but will try for more.

Same here, hoping for at least $270 net to me... but I'll throw them up on craigslist...even before the PC arrives, since we will soon know what brand they are--assuming Cyberpower uses all the same cards...

I contacted cyberpowerpc yesterday because I had no updates on my machine since purchase and it was scheduled to ship today. They told me they were waiting for a part (the m.2 500GB ssd I ordered) to come. They ended up substituting a sata drive instead of m.2. Hopefully it still ships today.

The cards I received are oem bulk versions of PowerColor Red Dragon http://powercolor.com/US/products_features.asp?id=623. bulk versions have AMD sticker logos on the fan instead of the PowerColor logo. If you are curious about who makes it run gpu-z. Others have received the same so I wouldn't expect any different. Ebay fees suck and prices have dropped a bit. It is not un-realistic to expect on Ebay to net ~$250 per card after fees and shipping (assuming buy it now, maybe you get a little more with traditional auction or ship local and pay less shipping fee). I mention it to those who might be on the fence or in a position where it does matter and there might still be time to cancel an order. I think it is still a deal though.

It's interesting to see the sold listings on RX 470's I wonder why there is a $50-$75 range on the 4gb cards (excluding the new in box which go for higher). Warranty sucks though since we are reselling there is basically no warranty.

Brand New Products:
PowerColor offers a 2-year limited warranty for all brand new graphic cards purchased within US and Canada *ONLY* (unless stated otherwise). This warranty is valid for 2 years starting from the original purchase date (verified through invoice) and only valid to the ORIGINAL owner of this products and may not be transferred if the product is to be resold or transferred ownership. In order to qualify for this limited 2-year warranty all the conditions under “Terms & Conditions” must be met.

It's interesting to see the sold listings on RX 470's I wonder why there is a $50-$75 range on the 4gb cards (excluding the new in box which go for higher). Warranty sucks though since we are reselling there is basically no warranty.

Wow that blows

No warranty when transferring ownership is pretty common to all gpu brands. a popular sapphire brand has this warranty: A limited warranty*is offered on all SAPPHIRE products; all warranty enquires are to be directed to your initial place of purchase. The limited warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser of the SAPPHIRE product and may not be transferred.

Also the range is because of the fake "mining versions" with 1 dvi port, sapphire brand. fake because true "mining versions" have no ports. newegg sells a batch about once a week for $260 (yes newegg even with inflated prices because this card is really dirt cheap) and people flip them as "mining versions" for $375. this brings down prices for "non mining versions".

Interesting. I was told by CyberPower customer support they were shipping primarily MSI RX470 cards. Not that it really matters.
People buying these cards for mining aren't really terribly concerned about warranty. (at least I wouldn't be.) Need it quick, need it now, to get in while the getting's hot.
I've seen the eBay prices still closing about what they were when we purchased these things intially. But yes the wait has been anxious. I expected these PCs to ship on 7/2 for me, then it was delayed. My first one actually arrives Monday, one of my four hasn't shipped yet.

You guys who got them already - did you upgrade your shipping option?

Interesting. I was told by CyberPower customer support they were shipping primarily MSI RX470 cards. Not that it really matters.
People buying these cards for mining aren't really terribly concerned about warranty. (at least I wouldn't be.) Need it quick, need it now, to get in while the getting's hot.
I've seen the eBay prices still closing about what they were when we purchased these things intially. But yes the wait has been anxious. I expected these PCs to ship on 7/2 for me, then it was delayed. My first one actually arrives Monday, one of my four hasn't shipped yet.

You guys who got them already - did you upgrade your shipping option?

Its just going to suck if we only get about $250ish per card, basically throws this deal in the crapper for me.

Its just going to suck if we only get about $250ish per card, basically throws this deal in the crapper for me.
netting $250 per card is still plenty solid.

You basically get a full Ryzen system (sans GPU) for $500.

Processor Ryzen 1700 = $300
RAM 8GB = $60
Motherboard = $140

So just those three things total your $500 outlay -- and the rest of the components are just bonus (case, PSU, SSD, 3TB drive, mechanical keyboard, etc)

You can't replicate that anywhere by buying components (not close even with combo prices from a place like microcenter).

The only thing keeping the prices of RX 470s near $300 on ebay is the fact that they can't be found anywhere right now. The decrease in their value is for two reasons. First, ethereum peaked at just under $400 back on June 13th, and has since fallen to just over $250 per coin. That hit miners pretty hard, but what has been even worse is the increase in mining difficulty. In the last month, the difficulty has almost doubled. The end result is a much longer ROI time. A single RX 470 could make $200 in less than two months back at the end of May / early June. Now the return is more like $50-60 per month.

In all reality, someone paying $300 for an RX 470 now will probably never mine enough ethereum to turn a profit. I'm not saying they won't eventually profit from it, but they'll have to hope for a value rebound or turn to mining another coin when the ether train comes to a halt. The math has changed a lot, which is impacting this deal somewhat.

I have to agree that even if someone can "only" net $500 from selling the pair of RX 470s they are still doing OK, though. It is not a steal, but is still great value for a solid Ryzen system.

-edited to fix a minor typo

Last edited:
Just got an email that my PC is now in the production phase.

Last 470 to sell was at $305 with free shipping. If that price holds, I'll be happy---

just snip off the display ports and hdmi port and call it "mining version" in the title, sell for $400 easy. :)

edit: just realize maybe why those "mining editions/versions" are getting such high price. you could buy them, mine the crap out of them (80+ deg C 24/7) for almost 6 months then file complaint with paypal "item not as described" explaining it is not the mining version and you just found out. Paypal gives you refund on return. So basically free mining card for 6 months with upfront refundable deposit requirement + return shipping. If this is whats happening then good, hate sellers doing this and they'll deserve what they get. And 6 months from now gpu prices may crash back down to pre-may/june prices so they get returned used cards below the prices they paid for them. nice!

Last edited:
The cards are AMD branded Powercolor as was mentioned. Packaging was good and my Taichi wifi antennas where included. The RGB mechanical keyboard is. Steal for $5.

The case has 2 or 3 cyber power logos and text I could do without and the CPU block has a big CP logo in red/orange :(. I'll change it out for an air cooler at some point.

One thing I didn't think of is I had to find some PCIE slot covers since I removed 4 slots worth of cards and the card I put in is single slot. Now I need some white covers or it will drive me nuts.

The cards are AMD branded Powercolor as was mentioned. Packaging was good and my Taichi wifi antennas where included. The RGB mechanical keyboard is. Steal for $5.

The case has 2 or 3 cyber power logos and text I could do without and the CPU block has a big CP logo in red/orange :(. I'll change it out for an air cooler at some point.

One thing I didn't think of is I had to find some PCIE slot covers since I removed 4 slots worth of cards and the card I put in is single slot. Now I need some white covers or it will drive me nuts.

get some cheap ones from any oem case and a can of white spray paint

Can you debrand the logos on the case? Are they just stickers?

Also look up "PCI slot cover" on ebay. They practically give them away. All different types. Several color options.

Last edited:
Can you debrand the logos on the case? Are they just stickers?

Also look up "PCI slot cover" on ebay. They practically give them away. All different types. Several color options.

to piggy back on this, what case did you buy? I wonder if they put their stickers on all the cases.

Back