How to forward one port to another

RedShark

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have my computer set up to allow Windows XP remote access. This entails opening port 3389. In the interests of security, I have forwarded port 50000 on my cheapo netgear router to my computer. Using the windows XP SP2 firewall, I forward incoming packets on port 50000 to port 3389 on my computer (port 50000 is the "external" port, 3389 is the "internal" port). This works fine, so that's not my question :)

The question is: what non-Windows XP SP2 firewalls also include this functionality? I have tested both ZoneAlarm and Kerio, and both seem to allow only _opening_ a particular port. I don't want this: I want incoming packets destined for port 50000 to be forwarded to port 3389 (the WinXP remote access port). If either of these firewalls allow this functionality, please enlighten me :) Otherwise, what other firewall should I try?

The reason I like this feature is it increases security. Port 3389 is known to be used for windows xp remote access. By using port 50000, I increase security because people don't know what's running on it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks for the tip. That solution does provide a workaround to the problem. Unless anyone knows of a firewall that offers the functionality described in the original post, I will use this solution.

Back