• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to Flash Bios HD 6950

Did you just try to flip the bios switch first? That card may come with the unlocked shaders already.
 
So I had to flash the BIOS and after restarting it said I only had 702 shaders and that I had no ATI driver. After downloading the driver i'm back to 1404 shaders according to GPUZ...
Help*!
 
Tried it again, and still at 1404 shaders so back to what it was at before. Would really appreciate any help. Does this mean it won't unlock?
 
The Toxic edition 6950 is a top-bin video card, it should be able to flash. I was able to flash my vanilla 6950 today and it took me fifteen minutes.

Have a look through this guide, it looks pretty comprehensive

I followed the same instructions from techpowerup that he posted, and GPUZ is still saying 1408 shaders. I even get the same confirmation screen that the tutorial shows after flashing. Is there some BIOS option on my motherboard I need to check?
 
The only other thing I could think of doing would be to switch from slot 2 to slot 1 with the power on, then restart according to that thread. Otherwise, I could try a bios version form someone else's Toxic if they could PM me.
 
Ok so this is the response I got from Sapphire:

There are two bios need to flash. Bios-1 and Bios-2.
Bios2: 1408 shaders, file name: 182P04H8.T44 (Default bios), close to device port
Bios1: 1536 shaders, file name: 182P04HX.T44 (OC bios), close to fan cooler
Attach file include two bios, please check.
Save it into your USB stick and bootup into pure DOS mode to flash. Switch bios button before bootup and then flash it.
Type comment:
Atiflash -p 0 182P04H8.t44 -f (Bios2)
Atiflash -p 0 182P04HX.t44 -f (Bios1)

Do it carefully and backup original bios as well. Thanks.
Check this way.

I've never flashed via USB before, and would appreciate some advice or a quick how-to, thanks.
 
Im in the same boat as you. There might be a chance that our toxic are shader locked. Not all toxic are guarenteed to unlock. Any chance you can share the bios sapphire sent?

Ill PM you
 
I've never flashed via USB before, and would appreciate some advice or a quick how-to, thanks.

Still at this huh? 99.9% chance your gpu is laser blocked judging from past info you provided in other threads but to answer your question. Whether the bios is on a flash drive or your hard drive somewhere, my advice is to use radeon bios editor and simply load the bios into the program. After you click load bios, simply browse to your flash drive e.g. E:/182P04HX.T44.rom and click on the bios to load it into the program, then go to acquire flash and force flash it to the card. Make sure that your flashing over the correct bios with the switch at the unlocked shader position (1536 shaders) which is the only writable bios.

Give this a shot because another user had the issue with 700 shaders or whatever and after I suggested he acquire the bios off of his second working 1536shader toxic and flash it to his not working toxic both cards had 1536 shaders. This IMO is your last ditch effort to unlock this card. If you get this done and it's still 1408 shaders, it's time you hang it up and just accept you have a kick ass 1408 shader toxic 6950. :)
 
also, you might want to be careful with the 6970 BIOS as there were VRAM issues with the original reference cards, what you want is a BIOS that opens the shaders but leaves the memory voltage stock
 
Still at this huh? 99.9% chance your gpu is laser blocked judging from past info you provided in other threads but to answer your question. Whether the bios is on a flash drive or your hard drive somewhere, my advice is to use radeon bios editor and simply load the bios into the program. After you click load bios, simply browse to your flash drive e.g. E:/182P04HX.T44.rom and click on the bios to load it into the program, then go to acquire flash and force flash it to the card. Make sure that your flashing over the correct bios with the switch at the unlocked shader position (1536 shaders) which is the only writable bios.

Give this a shot because another user had the issue with 700 shaders or whatever and after I suggested he acquire the bios off of his second working 1536shader toxic and flash it to his not working toxic both cards had 1536 shaders. This IMO is your last ditch effort to unlock this card. If you get this done and it's still 1408 shaders, it's time you hang it up and just accept you have a kick ass 1408 shader toxic 6950. :)

Yeah, but only because I tried to contact Sapphire about getting a replacement card. They told me it is standard that each card should come with two 6950 bios sets, but that one would have 1536 shaders and the other the standard 1408 or w/e. So according to who I talked to, it is a manufacturing flaw, although their english was far from perfect, so who knows.

I'll try this and report to see if it works.
 
Yeah, but only because I tried to contact Sapphire about getting a replacement card. They told me it is standard that each card should come with two 6950 bios sets, but that one would have 1536 shaders and the other the standard 1408 or w/e. So according to who I talked to, it is a manufacturing flaw, although their english was far from perfect, so who knows.

I'll try this and report to see if it works.

Cool (crosses fingers) I anxiously await the results. PM me if you need any help or advice.
 
Back
Top