• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to fix a dead pixel

Better known as the "dead pixel massage" but it supposedly only works on stuck pixels, not dead ones. It doesn't always work either.

The one lcd i own had two stuck pixels, but massaging it revived one of them, now i'm just left with the annoying bright red one :p

Best to do it carefully since rubbing too hard will cause more stuck/dead pixels....YMMV
 
I have this one really small dead pixel on my 2405 and you cannot even notice it...but i will try that...who cares if i fuck up my monitor.
 
nope didn't work, i even pressed so hard that there are black spots all over the place lolll
 
Dr.Makavelli said:
I have this one really small dead pixel on my 2405 and you cannot even notice it...but i will try that...who cares if i fuck up my monitor.
As mentioned here and elsewhere, the dead pixel massage technique only works on pixels that are "stuck" on a color, either red, green or blue.....it won't work on a dead black pixel. The name ought to be changed to "stuck pixel massage" ;)

Dr.Makavelli said:
nope didn't work, i even pressed so hard that there are black spots all over the place lolll
Tried warning ya, if i'm not mistaken you've just destroyed a bunch of pixels on your monitor :(

Cliff notes for everyone else
- This technique only works on "stuck pixels", the ones that are colored either red, green or blue.
- Massage very GENTLY and steadily, you can try massaging again at a later date if it doesn't work the first time (this is what i did).
- YMMV, there's a good chance the massage trick will NOT work, so proceed extra carefully, or just learn to deal with a stuck pixel.
- Edit: I am not responsible if you F'up your LCD, you've been warned enough times already ;)
 
DUde....before the pixel was black...so it was dead...but today morning i noticed it chnaged its color...and now it red!!

Wtf did happen it came to life?
 
Dr.Makavelli said:
DUde....before the pixel was black...so it was dead...but today morning i noticed it chnaged its color...and now it red!!

Wtf did happen it came to life?
heh, guess it wasn't truly dead

If you try the pixel massage again, go easier this time....did you actually destroy any of the neighboring pixels or is it only that one?
 
you pushed too hard and it started to bleed :p


I have couple of stuck pixels on my 23" Sceptre... one is red, but only shows up on certain backgrounds... and it's not in my center field of view... thank goodness. I tried to massage it with no luck... the stuck pixel .mpg didn't work either.
 
Ok now this is just a damn funny.
I bought an 19 inch LCD/TV 2 days ago - Hyundai L19T. I get home and a attach it to my laptop to take a look. Ive got one pixel showing yellow only all the time. Im angry, the next morning I call the shop I bought it from. They will only replce if authorized by the local Hyundai service center. the service center send me the criteria. No way does one pixel qualify.
At this point Im very angry because this was the first LCD Ive bought, and I expect everything to work perfectlyf I wanted to risk a defective product I would have bought from ebay or something. Now I live in europe and the returns policies here are not as liberal as when you buy in the states. Now if the website I bought from had had a warning, maybe, but with no warning Im not happy.
So Im reading thru hardocp and see this. I read the wikipedia entry, and Im thinking no way. What if I do it and mess up more pixels? So I reach out and gently rub the spot, no real pressure, definitely no more than I would use if cleaning the monitor.

And Damnit Its Gone. Just disappeared. I don't believe it.

Thanks guys. I didn't think it would work, but it did!!
 
I had a stuck green pixel for months on my L90D+, but recently I haven't been able to find it, so it must have fixed itself. my monitor heals itself. lol. So if you just got a new monitor and there's a stuck pixel, there's a chance i could fix itself later.

 
Back
Top