How to find your best settings for mouse DPI/sensitivity? Apex Legends...

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
Ive been PC gaming for like... 20 years. I have always had great twitch reflexes when playing first person shooters and good mouse coordination.

I realized the other day that Ive been having a tough-ish time in Apex Legends because I cant seem to get my mouse settings where I can snap to a person and/or follow them on screen without issue. I either always overshoot or undershoot where Im trying to point at. I dont seem to have the same problem in Warzone but I do not play that as much.

Do you guys play with a higher DPI and lower sensitivity or some other combination of settings? Ive got a Logitech MX518 and have my DPI set somewhere in the middle with sensitivity lower than default settings on Apex.

Depends on if you use your whole arm or just your wrist, and what resolution you run the game at. I am a wrist person running games at 4K. I use high DPI, low sensitivity. On my Logitech G502 Proteus Core, that means 12,000 DPI and sensitivity close to minimum in games. I adjust the sensitivity to whatever feels good.

If you're serious and want to find your optimum sensitivity, Aim Lab is a free program that has a sensitivity finder built in. You perform various aiming exercises and it will give you suggestions to try and improve your aim. You can then take those settings and convert them to various games using the same program.

If your Warzone settings already feel good, you can try and convert them to Apex Legends. This is a good site to use for that purpose:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

Depends on if you use your whole arm or just your wrist, and what resolution you run the game at. I am a wrist person running games at 4K. I use high DPI, low sensitivity. On my Logitech G502 Proteus Core, that means 12,000 DPI and sensitivity close to minimum in games. I adjust the sensitivity to whatever feels good.

If you're serious and want to find your optimum sensitivity, Aim Lab is a free program that has a sensitivity finder built in. You perform various aiming exercises and it will give you suggestions to try and improve your aim. You can then take those settings and convert them to various games using the same program.

If your Warzone settings already feel good, you can try and convert them to Apex Legends. This is a good site to use for that purpose:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/
Niiceee...... Ill check it out.

Ive been PC gaming for like... 20 years. I have always had great twitch reflexes when playing first person shooters and good mouse coordination.

I realized the other day that Ive been having a tough-ish time in Apex Legends because I cant seem to get my mouse settings where I can snap to a person and/or follow them on screen without issue. I either always overshoot or undershoot where Im trying to point at. I dont seem to have the same problem in Warzone but I do not play that as much.

Do you guys play with a higher DPI and lower sensitivity or some other combination of settings? Ive got a Logitech MX518 and have my DPI set somewhere in the middle with sensitivity lower than default settings on Apex.

I have a whole guide for that https://eliteownage.com/mouseguide.html

Based on what you're saying, you either have your sensitivity/DPI too high, or some form of mouse acceleration on.

Back