How to find best memory timings?

blackwinterday

Limp Gawd
I want to try some tighter timings than which i'm currently using but don't know where to start. Currently i'm using my memory @ 866Mhz with 5-5-5-19 and 2T timings.

memfj7.gif

acording to your sig your ram is rated at 5-5-5-15 but you are running it at 5-5-5-19? your wasting clock cycles.

since your using valueram your probably not going to be able to tighten these up too much. and even if you can i dont know how much you will actualy gain. you can always try though, the numbers you want to screw around with first are the CAS Latency, tRCD, tRP and tRAS (the first four, hence 5-5-5-15)leave everything else on auto/stock untill you read more about it.

i suggest reading http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203179

and also keep these formulas in mind...
tRAS= CAS + tRCD + 2
tRC= tRAS + tRP

Thanks for the link and formulas. I'll keep them in mind.

I just made following changes and it seems stable so far.

untitled1pe8.gif

tRCD is a bit more sensitive than other i think so i left it @ 5 clocks.

Alright, i was trying to tighten other clocks and dropped tRCD to 4 as well. I was able to complete a 1M Super PI and some memory benchmarks on Everest. There was only minor changes though. But when i dropped tRC to 15 from 18 i got a restart when i was doing a 1M Super PI test. So this is more sensible than others and unfortunately our formula (tRC= tRAS + tRP) didn't work here.

Remember that it's not really stable unless it meets the following criteria...

1) 24 hours Orthos Blend Stable

2) Does the computer reboot itself randomly or exhibit any other flaky behavior?

3) If you are a gamer, can you play your games with 100% stability?

Those are the three criteria I use. My definition of stable may be different than yours though.

Back