how to figure out what caused reboot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 143938
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143938

Just now my PC randomly restarted and I don't know why.

I went to check event log but all it says is that the previous system shutdown was unexpected (well one before it said "Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for ." but that's it)

Go to your advanced system settings and turn off automatically restart on system failure. You'll be able to see the BSOD (if thats what it was) and the necessary info.

Go to your advanced system settings and turn off automatically restart on system failure. You'll be able to see the BSOD (if thats what it was) and the necessary info.

Oh yeah. I have that on my Vista set up but I have Windows 7 as main OS now and I forgot to do that hehe, may have been blue screen crash.

I was just texting on my phone infront of my computer when it happened so I didn't even get a glimpse on the screen, I just heard my PC fans stop and then reboot.

But is there still a way to check what it was?

The memory dmps are hard to diagnose. You need to download a program from Microsoft and the last one I analyzed didn't have any data at all that was related to the program that actually caused the crash. You would have better luck with trial and error of changing software/hardware.

Back