How to edit the System Properties Info for XP/2000 Professional/s?

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey has the title ask, how do you edit/change the system properties to say what I want it to, plus could I also put a pic in there like so,

I am pretty sure you can do this, and also I want to be able to do this is Windows 2000 also.

Thanks.

In the System32 folder, you will need to place two files. A text file with the filename oeminfo.ini and a bitmap with the title oemlogo.bmp.

oeminfo.ini should be formatted like this:
[General]
Manufacturer=Myself
Model=This one

[Support Information]
Line1=Call me at 555-5555
Line2=I want this line too
Line3=bla bla bla
Line4=more stuff
Line5=you get the idea
Line6=
Line7=
Line8=
Line9=

Kewl dude thanks, but I just want to know how to I get the red circle (in pic below) to sit where the Blue circle is?

and has you can see I got to pic right, just again how would I go about getting another pic that goes where the monitor pic is?

Thanks.

Oh!
Well, I think that is automatically detected and placed there by windows. In older versions of windows, there was a reg hack to let you make it more detailed, but the actual stuff there is coming from elsewhere. I'm thinking you are stuck with what it says.

There's also a common sense reason why you shouldn't be able to change that info. It would allow someone to build and sell a computer to the average Joe with lesser hardware than advertised.

djnes said:
There's also a common sense reason why you shouldn't be able to change that info. It would allow someone to build and sell a computer to the average Joe with lesser hardware than advertised.
oh yeah I didn't think of that, it would make sense now, oh well thanks anyway.

Ezekial said:
umm, you can't

that information is pulled realtime
Actually, you can change that...it may be reset every time you start windows...but it is stored in the registry..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
"ProcessorNameString"

Now all I'm able to change is " Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 7.86GHz"....now obviously my laptop is not running at 7.86GHz...

wowsors.jpg

Fark_Maniac said:
Actually, you can change that...it may be reset every time you start windows...but it is stored in the registry..

"ProcessorNameString"

Now all I'm able to change is " Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 7.86GHz"....now obviously my laptop is not running at 7.86GHz...

img
Cool!

Fark_Maniac said:

"ProcessorNameString"

[img']http://hard1.servebeer.com/fark/misc/wowsors.jpg[/img]
ahh cool
I know that hte MHZ and ram is pulled realtime, espeically noticeable on a laptop as it throttles and raises back up... but didn't know the processor type/about was kept in the registry

cool...

Couldn't a person use some simple manner of performing that regedit everytime the system boots? I would imagine some people would like the idea of it DISPLAYING their computer is 2jillion ghz, even though its not, bragging rights for their friends or what not.

AsusUser said:
Couldn't a person use some simple manner of performing that regedit everytime the system boots? I would imagine some people would like the idea of it DISPLAYING their computer is 2jillion ghz, even though its not, bragging rights for their friends or what not.
LOL
regedit.exe /s lie.reg

AsusUser said:
I would imagine some people would like the idea of it DISPLAYING their computer is 2jillion ghz, even though its not, bragging rights for their friends or what not.
Those people should spend more time finding better friends!

Back