how to disable a certain graphical effect?

xmurderx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
183
ok, here is the deal, i bought an ibm x31* and it has a radeon 7000 on it. when I play certain games like dod or gta vice city any effect like smoke slows it down. Is there anyways to optimize the smoke so it can run a bit faster, or maybe I can disable it with something like ati tray tool? On some games the smoke is not an issue (cs:source, ofp, hl2) but it takes a big hit in dod.






*I have a main at home for gaming but I got really tempted at installing some games on the go :D
 
You play cs:source on a Radeon 7000?? I'm assuming by dod you mean day of defeat. I know that in counter-strike you can set the smoke detail down, don't know about dod.
 
Look at the in-game options, there should be graphical settings in the game to enable/disable effects as well as raise/lower quality settings.
 
If you can run the problem games in 16 bit colour then that's make a big difference.
 
ray4389 said:
how can source run better than DOD??? That's perposterous.

source runs better then dod because I dont get any slow downs, the fps is consistant. in dod anytime a large explosion or anything that has to do with smoke occurs it slows down. I am running dod in open gl.
 
alright, it now runs smooth but the mouse lags, what could be causing that?
 
Back
Top