How to determine Auto settings in BIOS

wandplus

Limp Gawd
This question might sound dense but I mean if you look at RAM timings and it says Auto, how can you determine what the RAM timings are? (I want to run at stock speeds, just curious to know.)

Cool, ok but what about other settings? I mean if it says Auto on lots of things.

This may be incorrect as I haven't played with memory timing in a long while. If you take it off auto is the first thing you see the current settings?

This may be incorrect as I haven't played with memory timing in a long while. If you take it off auto is the first thing you see the current settings?
That seems to be what I remember also. But I'd check ram timings withing the OS to be sure.

Some BIOSes show what the automatic settings actually are. If the BIOS doesn't show you what these timings are, you can usually see them on the printed labels on the memory modules themselves. If you can't see them or don't want to remove the RAM, you can check inside the OS with a program like CPU-Z. If you have XMP disabled, the timings for your RAM are going to be the JEDEC timings listed in CPU-Z on the memory tab. If you have XMP enabled, it will be the timings listed for one of the XMP profiles. Based on the memory clock speed, you should be able to tell which of the XMP profiles its currently using if there are more than one. I've seen two or three on some of these modules.

Back