How to copy photos from iPhone 7 to Win7 PC? Yeah, Google Fu and Forum Search nada

topcat989

Extremely [H]
Like the title says. google turns up 3rd party app.software to do it, but I don't wanna....unless I hafta. Where it says I can use windows import pictures tool well that's a LIE. It does NOT work with me. Best my Win 7 sees is iPhone device, then clicking that, I get internal memory storage with how much free space is there, then that's it. I can't even see much less explore individual files, and windows import says no pics to import.

How do you guys do it?

And yes, this is my first smartphone.

iTunes, which exists basically for that reason. There are some third party apps that might be able to do it but because Apple encrypts the media files (audio, video, pics, doesn't matter) you can't just copy them directly off the iPhone as you can with basically any Android device. An iPhone doesn't have MTP protocol support which makes a device look like a big USB "flash" drive to copy from and copy to.

iTunes, which exists basically for that reason. There are some third party apps that might be able to do it but because Apple encrypts the media files (audio, video, pics, doesn't matter) you can't just copy them directly off the iPhone as you can with basically any Android device. An iPhone doesn't have MTP protocol support which makes a device look like a big USB "flash" drive to copy from and copy to.

Arrrg. I was afraid of that.

Once you plug phone into win7 PC then you need to allow folder sync on the iPhone. It should then allow you access to the DICM folder that has pictures. IMG_20180814_113749.jpg15342614088346783692664631205019.jpg

Like the title says. google turns up 3rd party app.software to do it, but I don't wanna....unless I hafta. Where it says I can use windows import pictures tool well that's a LIE. It does NOT work with me. Best my Win 7 sees is iPhone device, then clicking that, I get internal memory storage with how much free space is there, then that's it. I can't even see much less explore individual files, and windows import says no pics to import.

How do you guys do it?

And yes, this is my first smartphone.
I sync my photos daily and I just use the windows photo app. You don’t need iTunes, although iTunes is an excellent option.

Back