How to copy files to local users \documents and setting\user\application data folder?

nintari

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for a way to copy files to a local domain users Application Data folder either through a self extracting file, batch file or even logon script. I need to install Stationery for MS Outlook to about 100+ users desktops and instead of pullign the stationery from "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\stationery" they pull it from a file in thier documents and settigns folder...

I can craete a self extractign exe but that would only be useful if it had to go to the same directory on each and every machine :(

Put the stuff you need to be copied down to the client system in \\someserver\someshare\somedirectory and add something like this to the login script?

Code:
if not exist "%APPDATA%\somedirectory\somefile" xcopy /s/e "\\someserver\someshare\somedirectory" "%APPDATA%\somedirectory\"

mattjw916

[H]ard|Gawd
why not put it in the "All Users" folder? It's works for Start Menu, favs, etc at least...

nintari

[H]ard|Gawd
PrincessDie I will try that and see if it works. Thanks :)

mattjw916: I tried that but outlok didnt look there for the stationery. I could point to it but then I would have to do than manually and doing it that many times is a bit of a waste