How to copy a DVD with a dvd burner?

CrombieKid

Weaksauce
i have a cd burner and a dvd burner, how do i copy a dvd? because when i put the blank dvd in the dvd burner drive and the dvd in the cd burner drive, my software (sonic record now) doesn't recognize the dvd in the cd burner drive

Uhhm, a cd-burner (unless it can specifically read a dvd) won't be able to read your dvd. You'll need to do the reading in the dvd driver. Furthermore, the dvd is most likely encrypted, so you won't be able to directly copy it anyway.

Some burners have software that will let you load the entire DVD onto the hard drive, although it is impractical. Just buy a cheap DVD drive that will cost you about $20 or so.

LOL, ahhhh hahahah!!! you tried to burn a dvd with a cd burner!, I just fell out of my seat laughing....

sorry.

Make a image of the DVD on your HD with your DVD drive (Dvd burner). then burn that image onto a blank dvd disc.
wait a sec, is it possible to make an image of a dvd? I know you can do it with a cd.

Download the free program DVD-Shrink.

put the original DVD in your DVD burner. Let DVD-Shrink do it's work, then put the blank in your drive.

Continue to let DVD-Shrink do it's work.

Enjoy your copied DVD.

Sounds like you bought the burner without doing any kind of research first. Burning movies is one thing...and there are ways...although they won't be discussed here, as per the rules. I use my DVD burners to make bootable disks and then I store all my software, drivers, etc on one disc. Very very handy.

....got to point out - per the rules:
(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.
Getting advice on how to copy DVD's from the local rental emporium is not going to happen. Backing up your own stuff is one thing, but please consider the rules when you ask for help.

Thanks - B.B.S.

But, if you own a DVD arent you allowed to make up legal back up copies like movies? I could be wrong since I never personally copied a dvd or whatever.

BlindedByScience said:
....got to point out - per the rules:

Getting advice on how to copy DVD's from the local rental emporium is not going to happen. Backing up your own stuff is one thing, but please consider the rules when you ask for help.

Thanks - B.B.S.
i was referring to movies in my own collection, i guess i should have made that clear

Back