• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to completely delete ati drivers?

Shaman

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
501
Greetings,

I uninstalled the ati control panel and drivers, used driver cleaner pro and driver sweeper in safe mode, then deleted anything ati related I could find in explorer and the registry. However, I'm still getting this error in event viewer after every boot:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
atitray


What can be trying to load atitray? I looked in the startup folder, msconfig and 'Run' in the registry but didn't find anything there.

Any ideas? I'm using XP Pro SP3

Thanks.
 
I hadn't cleaned the registry as good as I thought.

I found the atitray entries in ControlSet001/002/003/004

The error doesn't appear in event viewer anymore.
 
Back
Top