How to compare coverages

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
Like the title suggests. How do you compare coverages between cell carriers? I'm in Northern Colorado and the last 6 months AT&T had been horrible. Slow speeds, dropped calls, and the like. My fiancee has Verizon, but I've been considering Sprint as I do have an unnatural hatred for Verizon.

Like the title suggests. How do you compare coverages between cell carriers? I'm in Northern Colorado and the last 6 months AT&T had been horrible. Slow speeds, dropped calls, and the like. My fiancee has Verizon, but I've been considering Sprint as I do have an unnatural hatred for Verizon.

Probably from friends. With Sprint you can try it for 1 month without to see if you like it, then cancel. I think they will take the phone back without any restocking fee. You'd just have to pay for how many days you used the service? I'd try that.

I live in a major city though, so coverage is not an issue. I go by price.

I'm with Verizon, but there's no way I would make a new contract with them now that their price/service isn't competitive with other carriers at all for smart phones. They've been great for me as far as coverage and customer service for the 7 years I've had them, but they totally screwed up the tiered data pricing that just started. They even make AT&T look good since they at least have a $15/200MB plan. If they ever try to screw me out of my unlimited plan, then I'm switching immediately.

Well right now I'm dropping at least 30% of my calls. A lot of my text messages and emails won't send. I'm going to call tech support and see if they can run a diagnostic on my phone but right now I'm pretty sure it is the network here. They say they are upgrading Colorado to 4g and competitive speeds throughout, but literally my fiances phone is probably 125% faster on 3g speeds. It is literally disgusting how slow my iPhone is compared to her thunderbolt.

There are a lot of new carriers out there too that use AT&T and T-mobile lines to operate. Some include Simple Mobile and Straight Talk. The only thing is, they are prepaid but significantly cheaper with 3G/4G speeds.

hopefully in the next year and a half cricket gets some 4g coverage and keeps their unlimited plans

Back