How to change scanner port (in case ip changes) ?

tripex

Gawd
Hello friends of the interweb

I have a question,

When i have a network printer, and its ip changes (for whatever reason not relevant now), i dont have to reinstall any printer software on my computers, i just change/update the printer port setting on Windows Control Panel.

But sometimes, this printer is also a scanner (MFP). In this cases, i have noticed the scanner software stops working and a full reinstall of the software (HP) is the only solution.

How to avoid the software reinstallation and fix it in an easier way?

Set the printer to a static IP, make sure it is outside of your DHCP range or you put an exclusion in for that IP so you don't get any conflicts.

k1pp3r, sorry you didnt understand.

i dont have a problem with the ip's or anything.

i'm just asking about the scanner issue, because it happens sometime.

k1pp3r, sorry you didnt understand.

i dont have a problem with the ip's or anything.

i'm just asking about the scanner issue, because it happens sometime.

k1pp3r gave you the perfect answer for your issue. Assign the MFP a static IP so you never need to deal with the IP changing causing the printer or scanner to stop working.

Static IP address or set the Port Name to the hostname of the printer/scanner/copier MFP. Personally I prefer to set the Port Name by IP address and set the MFP with a Static IP address. Then you don't need to always rely on DNS working properly in order to print or scan across the network. The MFP will always be found on the same Static IP address in other words.

Back