• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to change ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster3

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
10
Ok. If anyone can help that would be great. Basically I got banned from a game sever and i want back. I tried changing network card and it gave me a diff ip (first it was 192.168.1.1) and now it is 192.168.1.6 but still I cant get in.

Im using a router and dsl modem (Alliant in Canada)

any help would be appreciated
 
Its the IP from your ISP that got banned not the IP of your computer...
 
monster3 said:
Ok. If anyone can help that would be great. Basically I got banned from a game sever and i want back. I tried changing network card and it gave me a diff ip (first it was 192.168.1.1) and now it is 192.168.1.6 but still I cant get in.

Im using a router and dsl modem (Alliant in Canada)

any help would be appreciated

Your screwed. Pick another game and don't fuck it up. :D
 
depends on how your isp works but it is doable... Not that I'm going to tell you how to do it ;)


(as I doubt you even know what a mac address is)
 
monster3 said:
Ok. If anyone can help that would be great. Basically I got banned from a game sever and i want back. I tried changing network card and it gave me a diff ip (first it was 192.168.1.1) and now it is 192.168.1.6 but still I cant get in.

Im using a router and dsl modem (Alliant in Canada)

any help would be appreciated
As others have said already. This is not really the place to ask how to get round the ban. People are usually banned for a reason (ie not readin the rules before hand). Take a look at the rules of this subforum, for example :)

If, on the other hand you were banned for the wrong reason, try contacting the Administrator of the game server in question.
 
Try dialing up a few times... Aliant uses PPPOE, and sometimes you can get a different IP after repeated dialing.

QJ
 
Order said:
What'd ya do?

I'm wondering the same.

I've circumvented bans before, but I'm not gonna say how to do it. Depending on the game, it can be quite easy.
 
memphis_1220 said:
People are usually banned for a reason (ie not readin the rules before hand).

Or in some cases, being a little too good and killing the admin one time too many.

*headshot*
CHEATER!!!
 
monster3 said:
Basically I got banned from a game sever and i want back.

Then ask the server operator to lift the ban. If he/she says no, start looking for another server. Period.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top