Hi all,
I need your suggestion about how to change HD names.
I've joust built a PC, and my motherboard has various IDE and SATA ports, where I have
connected:
HD1 (sata disk): SATA connector
HD2 (Ide disk): Ide connector number_1
cdrom_1: Ide connector number_2 (master)
cdrom_2: Ide connector number_2 (slave)
Everything works fine, and Windows XP shows the following:
HD1-- C:\
HD2-- F:\
Cdrom_1 -- D:\
Cdrom_2 -- E:\
Now, I'd like to change HD2 name from "F:\" to "D:\"
It seems to be a banal problem, but despite my trials (add/remove Jumpers, change Ide connectors, and so on...)
Windows always see the same Disk names.
Also disconnecting CDROM's, and attaching HD2 to their Ide connector,
XP always shows HD2="F:\"
Question: Is there any method to force HD2 to be "D:\" ?
Thanks for any suggestion
Roby
I need your suggestion about how to change HD names.
I've joust built a PC, and my motherboard has various IDE and SATA ports, where I have
connected:
HD1 (sata disk): SATA connector
HD2 (Ide disk): Ide connector number_1
cdrom_1: Ide connector number_2 (master)
cdrom_2: Ide connector number_2 (slave)
Everything works fine, and Windows XP shows the following:
HD1-- C:\
HD2-- F:\
Cdrom_1 -- D:\
Cdrom_2 -- E:\
Now, I'd like to change HD2 name from "F:\" to "D:\"
It seems to be a banal problem, but despite my trials (add/remove Jumpers, change Ide connectors, and so on...)
Windows always see the same Disk names.
Also disconnecting CDROM's, and attaching HD2 to their Ide connector,
XP always shows HD2="F:\"
Question: Is there any method to force HD2 to be "D:\" ?
Thanks for any suggestion
Roby