How to burn Linux to CD?

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
I will be downloading Linux RedHat 9.0 soon, after I download the three iso's, how do I go about burning them on a CD? Do I need a special program?

thanks

both nero and easy cd creator can bur cd's from iso images. i would bet there are free programs as well, just don't know any. in nero, it's like file->burn image.

Are you sure you want Redhat 9? Redhat's not going to be doing any more development on it so upgrading it is going to be out of the question.

You might want to check out Fedora (the non-commercial offshoot of Redhat which is currently under very active development) or Mandrake instead since those projects are going to continue forward.

Of course there's always the LFS/slackware/gentoo/debian arguments but they're not really comparable to Redhat. SuSE is a good choice but it's not free...

Originally posted by ameoba
Are you sure you want Redhat 9? Redhat's not going to be doing any more development on it so upgrading it is going to be out of the question.

You might want to check out Fedora (the non-commercial offshoot of Redhat which is currently under very active development) or Mandrake instead since those projects are going to continue forward.

Of course there's always the LFS/slackware/gentoo/debian arguments but they're not really comparable to Redhat. SuSE is a good choice but it's not free...

SuSE is as free as Mandrake, just they do not offer a full install CD iso image for download. You can do an FTP install though, just grab the small CD boot iso they offer and you can install via ftp for free.

If you're going to do a network install, you might as well use Debian.

Dr. Debian : or How I learned to stop compiling shit & love apt-get.

I was also about to ask this question but I knew there already had to be a thread about it somewhere.

What does a CD image look like in os x ? does anyone know ?

Better yet, what file type is a CD image ( I sort of know nothing about them )

and while I'm at it, does Fedora Core come with Xfce ?

Back