How to burn data to a DVD Disc?

GeForceX

Supreme [H]ardness
I have looked around for some answers but still am quite confused. I use only Nero Express and it seems to me that it only seeks for CD's, not DVD's. I have like 800 MB worth of pictures I want to back up before I format this PC for its spring cleaning. I have a DVD+RW drive with a 4.7 GB DVD+RW disc as well. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The Nero Express wouldn't detect the DVD disc. Well, I see some people recommend using some other programs but uh, "transcoding"? "decrypting"? I'm not too familiar on those terms. Just point me to a quick easy way/method to burning data/pictures on a DVD disc. :/

Thanks. :D

-J.

While I don't remember why I put you on my ignore list ( I am sure it was for a reason, as I am not one to do the rash), I will still offer some help. :p

All the following is assuming that you use the 6.6 and up:

When you start Nero, you start up in NeroExpress (NE), or do you start at the NeroSmartStart (NSS) interface? If starting in NeroExpress, can you not choose your burner from a drop down box at the top of the program box? If starting in the NSS interface, you will see a box along the top in the middle, that will allow you to choose cd or dvd. Starting in NE interface you have to look along the top again, but this time it is on the right-hand side. Again it allows for you to select your burner.

OR...

If that fails, just download and install http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ . It is free.

:eek:
Tiny said:
If starting in the NSS interface, you will see a box along the top in the middle, that will allow you to choose cd or dvd.

I have no idea why I didn't see that there on the interface. I had it on "CD" all along. :) Thanks Tiny. And I don't know why you had me on my ignore list. :confused:

-J.

Back