• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to back up my fresh install?

jdraughn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 9, 2007
Messages
324
Hi all. I just recently reinstalled Windows 7 and got all the updates and all my drivers installed and I was wondering if there was a utility that can save an image of my drive so next time I need to reinstall I can just boot off a CD or thumb drive and point it to the image file that resides on my "storage" drive. I would prefer to keep the image as a data file on a different hard drive on my system rather then burn multiple disks.

Back in the day I was a little familiar with "Ghost", no idea if it even still exists. Are there any free utilitys that can do this?
 
Yeah, the built-in back up feature would work, Acronis just works just as fine, another is Norton Ghost that came with my SSD. It does the job.
 
Back
Top