• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

How to assign a textbox control in cpp?

complete

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
92
I have a silverlight app that uses TextBox XAML controls.

In the c++ code-behind, IXRTextBoxPtr types are associated with these textboxes using "FindName" like this:

FindName(L"ColNum3", &m_pColNum3);

(where ColNum3 corresponds with the XAML CODE like this: )

Then, the code assigns the pointer like this:

std::wstring wsTransfer; // gets the wstring from imput
const WCHAR * wpszInput;
wpszInput = wsTransfer.c_str();
m_pColNum3->SetText(wpszInput);
but the display does not show the text data.

What am I missing? What steps am I missing to have this text modification display on the screen?

If I did not ask this question completely or left something off, please let me know.
 
Is wsTransfer ever even assigned a valid string?

Do all the returns indicate apparent success?
 
Back
Top