How to appear like I live in the US?

Kaldskryke

[H]ard|Gawd
It seems these days more television networks are willing to release content on the web at no cost. Take south park, for example - I recently read you can watch every episode released at no charge...

The problem is that I live in Canada and a lot of this content is limited to residents of the US.

I downloaded switchproxy for firefox hoping that I'd be able to trick the site, but I can't seem to find a proxy that will work for this. Am I going about this the wrong way?

ask an American friend to set you up a VPN server ;-)

You could look at SSH proxying
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=539067

BTW, I don't know if this qualifies as going against the rules for this forum. I know they are stated as not asking how to get around firewalls put in place by your company/school/etc. How ever this would be considered bypassing filtering techniques from the source host and might still be considered as breaking the rules.

Try www.hidemyass.com its an american proxy that will make it look as though you are visiting whatever site from within the USA.

No need to download and install software just to visit a website with a proxied IP

Back