How to adjust the fan speed for the X1900XT cards?

Manoj

Gawd
I heard we can increase the fan speed of the X1900XT cards when overclocking? What program can adjust the fan speed?

Also when setup in Crossfire mode, does the program adjust the fan speed of both cards at the same time or only one card?

How about the clock speeds? What is the best program to adjust the clock speeds? It is obvious that in crossfire mode, the clock speed of both cards are set together, right? Just like SLI mode.

ATi Tool beta 12 has fan speed controls and should work with the 5.13 8.203 drivers. Fan speed adjustments are for both cards, and ATi Tool is also a good overclocking tool.

A good program overall, really.

I tried to install ATI Tool. It asked me if I want to disable ATI2EVXX.exe process.

Should I disable it or not?

How to adjust the fan speed in ATI Tool? I don't see any settings for Fan speed?

Open the prog, click on settings...

25590906.jpg

I use 50%-100% depending on what I'm doing. Check out techpowerup's site. Lots of good info there. Forums too of course :p

After a system restart the fan speed goes back to normal. How to keep it up to the full speed all the time?

Manoj said:
After a system restart the fan speed goes back to normal. How to keep it up to the full speed all the time?
Go under startup, set it up to load with windows, and make sure you've saved your profile.

Eshelon said:
Go under startup, set it up to load with windows, and make sure you've saved your profile.

ATI should add a fan control feature in the control panel.

Digital Viper-X- said:
use the X1800 Overclocker, its easy just set the slider to where u want it

Where to get it?

Can we adjust the fan speed for both X1900XT cards (Crossfire)?

Manoj said:
ATI should add a fan control feature in the control panel.

Yeah it sure would be nice if it increased at a nice ratio. Something like this:

temp - fan speed
<40c ..... 20%
45c ..... 30%
50c ..... 40%
55c ..... 50%
60c ..... 60%
65c ..... 70%
70c ..... 80%
75c ..... 90%
80c ..... 100%

I use the variable fan speed in the ATITool similar to Jodiuh's post above. Max temps went from 81 to 70. You don't have to keep the speed at 100% all the time. These beta ATI drivers don't seem to regulate the fan speeds. Mine reads 27% and I don't think it increases with the temps. Maybe with the upcoming new drivers they will fix them. Yeah they need fan control in CCC.

i dont think overclocker.exe was updated for 1900cards ,

i think it would be safer to use ati tool b12 ,

it works well for me

bobrownik said:
i dont think overclocker.exe was updated for 1900cards ,

i think it would be safer to use ati tool b12 ,

it works well for me

it works fine
its an X1XXX ocing tool, not just X1800, i don't use it to OC just control fan speed when i dont wanna open ATI tool to do it =p

The overclocker tool can't change the fan speed of my second card. Only the Crossfire card can be changed. Why? I changed the display card and then adjusted the fan speed for the second card but no change.

With ATI Tool I can change the fan speed for both successfully?

I just want a simple program that can change the fan speed and keep it like that everytime I start or restart the computer.

Back