how to add splash screen on my wifi Freespot?

paulmofyourhand

[H]ard|Gawd
my parents currently own a beauty salon with Charter high speed internet installed. i installed a Linksys WRT54g ver.5 (sucks no hackable firmware). and encrypted it with WEP key at the moment. its a just for now thing.

i'd like to provide the customers with access and at the same time secure from othe users.

1. how do i install a splash screen upon connecting to my wireless network? (e.g. - starbucks tmobile splash screen)
-the access will be free, but i'd like to make a splash screen to advertise the salon.

2. how do i setup the router to let the customers access the internet only without having themselves exposed over the network?
-i don't want the customers trying to access other people's shared folders

3. is there a way to have teh router deny wifi during closing hours of the salon?

4. is there a way to control the amount of bandwidth each user ?

5. do i need a more configurable router for my results? if yes, what affordable router do you recommend?
-less than $100, yes im cheap, hehe

thanks in advance

step one: return the v5 if you can and pick up either an earlier revision or a wrt54gl.
step two: install one of the many unofficial firmware distros, such as dd-wrt.
step three: Use something like nocatsplash or get chilispot running with a separate box. I'm not positive how easy it is to separate the customers.
Step four: Go to linksysinfo.org for more detailed/better information.

For number 2 you can set up ap-isolation on your router. I guess that it is what you looking for.

Wolfgang said:
For number 2 you can set up ap-isolation on your router. I guess that it is what you looking for.

If you have a router with VLAN support you can have multiple SSID's on multiple VLAN's and create acess-lists for each individual SSID/VLAN...

With the 3rd party firmware (I'm using DD-WRT) you can set the radio to only work certain hours of the day. Option is "Access Restrictions" and go from there.

Back