how to access nvidia control panel under vista?

belmicah

Gawd
I just installed vista pre RC1 and I cannot find the nvidia control panel. How do I access this? In XP I just right-clicked on the desktop. Now, I can no longer do that, nor can O find it under the stat menu or through the device manager.

edit: found it, nevermind.

If you plan on overclocking in vista you need to get ntune. You have to run it as an admin but it allows for overclocking and fan control :)

Can you state where you found it? I have the RTM (release to manufacturing) version of Vista and am using the Nvidia Forceware 96.85 drivers for Vista RC2 (they are the latest and Nvidia has yet to release anything for the RTM version yet). I just installed a GForce 7800GS (yes, AGP) last night and though it seemed to install the drivers just fine and even though the games run faster than my previous ATI 9800XT, I can't find the Control Panel for Nvidia anywhere. No icon in the lower right, no #D settings or Nvidia branded tabs in the advanced display properties, nothing...

It may well be my stupidity as well, since I've been on ATI for the last 5 years until this switch yesterday... but I can't find the Nvidia control panel anywhere.

I really wish I would have stuck with XP for gaming so far btw... Vista won't play several games (Civilization IV to name one) and since Vista is not officially available to the general public yet the driver support for games and video is horrible.

it's in the control panel; listed as "Nvidia Control Panel." Seems so simple but it took me awhile to figure it out as well.

Thanks much... I was in there too... I must have passed right over it. Going back to Nvidia after 5+ years is just a touch on the wierd side. But so far so good...

Back