• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to access cpu/system fan speed controls?

pigwalk

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
8,396
Hey guys, I´m running an Athlon 2k XP T-Bred on a Biostart M7VitPro mobo, and the bastard sounds like a thousand angry midgets mowing the lawn. Supposedly, according to these specs M7 Vit Pro, I should have a fan speed controller somewhere, but I´ve yet to find a damn thing that helps. Anyone have any idea?

-wil
 
SpeedFan supposedly enables one to use this feature, though I haven't tried it myself yet :)
 
The only Biostar MB I've ever used came with this feature but you changed the fanspeed through a program called SystemControl that came with the board. I honestly don't remember if they're were also settings in the BIOS. If you've got the CD that came with the board look on there for it. If not you could probably download it from their website. Since it's software controlled, the Speedfan program that Elledan recommended would probably work as well.
 
Back
Top