How The NSA Built Its Own Secret Google

While your are technically correct i have seen plenty of documents mislabeled with that so it doesn't necessarily mean its incorrect. Specially documents that are actually handed over to partners. Never account to conspiracy what you can account to stupidity

And the winner of King Tinfoil goes too...

Just for clarification, were these mislabeled documents by chance reaffirming that the government is out to get you personally?

Good thing it was only after you replied 7 times in a row in one thread. Way to deter conversation. Drowning out the conversation, like usual.

So much to do, so little time to do it.

It's not a tactic JaiWebb, I see a topic worth talking about and I start in and it would take huge effort to try to take in the article and so many comments and devise some single response to all of it en-mass, as usual.

I don't pretend to know what is best for the US and our security but the NSA is clearly in violation of the Constitution and as such should be prosecuted. Are you listening Obama and Eric Holder? Do your fucking jobs! :rolleyes:

Yep. The "nothing to hide crowd" not only lack critical thinking on what's at stake with that attitude, but also don't see what this means in terms of democracy as a whole.

This kind of power can make sure a ruling party is entrenched and almost impossible to oppose, if they can keep tabs on everyone then they can easily act against opposition before it even gets public exposure.

And they get to completely control public awareness on issues or even shape them for their own benefit, many many things can happen when you are an all-knowing god. It's the ultimate evolution of the "firewall of China" on our own soil.

Not very hard to see where this is going comrads.

They would NEVER influence social media for their own causes, it's unethical.

@Congressedits nabs Wikipedia change calling Snowden “American traitor”

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...edia-change-calling-snowden-american-traitor/

The new bot @Congressedits, which tweets anonymous Wikipedia edits made from Capitol Hill, discovered one of its most substantial revisions on Tuesday. The program listens for Wikipedia changes stemming from Congressional IP address ranges, and it auto-tweeted about an alteration to the page for Navi Pillay, the United Nation's High Commissioner on Human Rights.

The 33-word revision to the page for Pillay added that the commissioner has received "criticism for reffering (sic) to Edward Snowden, the American traitor who defected to Russia, as a 'Human Rights Defender' and saying that he should not face trial for his crimes." The month before, Pillay made headlines when she said Snowden "should be seen as a human rights defender," and "We owe a great deal to him for revealing this kind of information."

Further Reading

Who’s banned from editing Wikipedia this week? Congress

9,000 House staffers can't touch the site, at least not for anonymous edits.
The edit comes after Wikipedia recently handed out both 10-day and single-day bans on edits from Capitol Hill. The move hoped to deter edits like the one above for Pillay or for a recent edit on the entry for Web outlet Mediaite. Not long after Mediaite wrote a story about @congressedits, Mediaite's Wikipedia entry was changed by someone in the House, calling the site a "sexist transphobic news and opinion blog" that "automatically assumes that someone is male without any evidence." (That change was cited by the Wikipedia admin who imposed the ban, according to The Hill.)

I don't pretend to know what is best for the US and our security but the NSA is clearly in violation of the Constitution and as such should be prosecuted. Are you listening Obama and Eric Holder? Do your fucking jobs! :rolleyes:

They have been, and continue to do the jobs which were bought for them. The 1% has gotten richer, the 99 poorer, the global drug trade is functioning as they intended, the manufacturing base has left the country, and the multinationals are scavenging the rest. /Not a clean kill mind you, but a sustainable slow bleed.

Why do you think the NSA should be prosecuted? I don't even begin to understand this thinking it's so .... small.

After 9/11 President GW Bush asked the Intel Community if there was something more they could do to lessen the chance that another incident like this could be stopped before it could happen. They all came back with answers though it's only the NSA we have heard about, we have no idea what the others came up with, but I should run off the subject. The NSA decided that yes, there was room between what they were currently doing and what was legal, they passed it off to the White House lawyers who agreed that it wasn't illegal and the President signed a War powers letter and gave them the Green Light to go ahead and develop the program.

So the President and his White House Lawyers are the ones responsible, the rest are doing their jobs the way they are supposed to. Now if you want to go after Bush and his Lawyers for this then fine, go ahead. But you are wrong to try and hammer the NSA and their leaders for doing what the President asks when the Lawyers are all telling them it's not illegal.

The Constitution is a foundation for Law, Law must be Constitutional. But the process of creating law and determining constitutionality is just that, a process, it's not always correct, that's why Laws are overturned, rewritten, and why sometimes, even the Constitution get's a remake. Our laws are a living interpretation of the Constitution and as such they will never be perfect, they will always be in flux, and "need" is as big a driver of change as is "ideal" and the "spirit" of the Constitution.

After 9/11 President GW Bush asked the Intel Community if there was something more they could do to lessen the chance that another incident like this could be stopped before it could happen.

Wow did i get myself turned around, please accept this edit :eek:

After 9/11 President GW Bush asked the Intel Community if there was something more they could do to lessen the chance that another incident like this could happen.

Back