How should I really overclock my memory?

LionKinG88

Limp Gawd
Hello,
I was wondering how I really should do to overclock my mem, I know it's in the BIOS but I wanna do it correcly anyway. :)
Any suggestions?
Btw I got the newest BIOS for ABIT IC7-Max3 (v.18)

Carefully first of all! I have the same mobo as yours, but some system specs would be appreciated. Seems like thats the first thing we always have to ask for.

Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT 512k running at 3.61 Stable (arctic silver+thermalright SP-94)
ABIT IC7-Max3
2x512DDR400Mhz (Getting 2x512 PC4000 Ballistix)
ASUS Radeon 9800XT 256Mb
1x80GB,1x120GB,1x200GB

go to Advanced Chipset settings on your bios. you should do increments of 5mhz after each boot. do that untill u are happy lol, but if the system hangs u might have to reboot and raise the vdimm voltage. stay within 2.7-2.9. read a few guides it will guide u through how u should overclock.

Another thing you might be able to play with besides just the bus and the VDimm is the timings. If you loosen them up you may be able to push a slightly higher fsb.

Ok.. my cpu is a 3.2Ghz P4 and I got it with aircooling at 3.81Ghz now, I do get error in Prime95 but I have had my comp on 3.81Ghz for a few days now and nothing has really happened.

If you get an error, you should try to take it down by as little as possible until all is squeaky clean.

Back