• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How should I clean my LCD screen?

belfert

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
215
I bought some anti-static wipes that are supposed to work on LCDs, but they leave streaks all over.

Any other suggestions on how to clean my LCD screen without wrecking it?

What I bought are 'Nice'n Clean Anti-Static Cleaning Wipes' I think from Walmart if anyone cares.

Brian Elfert
 
I have some monster screenclean, and they are great. Haven't tryed anything elses.
 
You know, a clean soft cloth and pure water (like bottled water) actually work very well on LCD surfaces, and it's cheap.

_____________________________________________________________
Windows Media Center 2005
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherbaord
Athlon 64 X2 4800+
2GB Corsair 3500LL Pro Memmory
2x BFG 7800 GTX 512 OC in SLI
3x Maxtor DiamondMax10 300GB HDD in RAID-0
2x hp dvd740 DVD Writer optical drive | 1x Mitsumi FA404M 7-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader and floppy drive
Antec P180 case
Enermax EG851AX-VH 660W Power Supply
Samsung SyncMaster 213T 21" 1600x1200 LCD Monitor
 
Sz1hart said:
I have some monster screenclean, and they are great. Haven't tryed anything elses.

I just bought the ScreenClean and it seems to have removed all the streaks from the previous cleaner. Not cheap, but it should last a long time.

Brian Elfert
 
I will third the Monster ScreenClean. I just used it today to clean all the laptops, projection televisions, plasmas and LCD monitors in my store. I use it at home on my plasma as well.
 
I use a razor blade to slice the dirt off my lcd's. Give it a try :D \

The ScreenClean is good too.
 
Back
Top