how setup Internet in a small network pc

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
I have a small network, just 4 machines that are connected using a hub. Only one of them has internet access, that pc has 2 NICs and is connected directly to the DSL router. Now i want another PC to get online, the easy way to do so would be to get another cable from the DSL router to the PC i that i want it to have internet, but since the router is like 100 meter away that is not an option. My question is: Since all the PCs are connected, how do i share the connection of the PC that currently has Internet with the other PC? I try using the "Network Setup Wizard" but that didn't help.

All the PCs are running WinXP SP2, all have administrator accounts and limited user accounts. Wifi is not a no go btw.

Honestly, you need to ditch the hub and just go buy a router with a built-in switch. If money is tight and you think you might want wifi later on go buy this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162017

Its $40 and is actually quite good for what it is. You'll get a semi-decent firewall and you won't have that hub in there so your network will actually speed up a lot.

Just plug the wan port on the router into your DSL modem and plug the other four machines in the switch. Make sure your PC's NICs are setup for DHCP and there you go, everything is on the internets!

Back