• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How’s your hearing?

I hear nothing above 18,000... but I blame my sound card... I dont think it can output anything above it because 18,000 I go >_<

I think I might still have pretty good hearing because I end up hearing things that dont seem to bother other people...

Although one thing I should probably get checked out is my right ear... Since like the third grade loud sounds arent just loud they hurt and are like using broken speakers turned up too loud... I blame that for never playing sports... yes.. repressed hatred towards spherical rubber objects that bounce and hit me right on the ear haha probably permanet ear damage.
 
I can hear up to 20000hz with my Grado RS-1 + PPA :) With the ER4-P+PPA I can only hear to 19000.
 
Pretty cool, but with the clips I can't hear any of them above 17.5K, but with Audacity I can hear all the way up to 20K. Should be noted that your media player, sound card, speakers, etc. all play a role in weather or not you can hear the clips. Don't think you're going deaf if you cant hear some of them :)
 
i can hear 20khz just fine i think.. i just have normal super.fi pros and an x-fi.
 
Boltaction said:
This test proves nothing.

First everyone is using different speaker setups and different audio cards. Second, you are making it a competition. This doesn't say jack about anyones ability to hear sound, and people are going to tell themselves they can hear higher and post it. The only way to accurately gauge your ability to hear properly is to see a doctor and get tested in their soundroom.

The soundcards and headphones we are using screw up the output data so much it makes the test completely invalid, not to mention we aren't even running a set volume!

You said just about everything that came to my mind. I have a pair of speakers behind me that I dont use anymore, powered by a 320W kenwood amplifier. the tweeters on them can make your ears bleed, exaggerating sounds to the extreme.
 
Back
Top