• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How reliable are HIS videocards? ATI4850

From what I've read about them, their RMA service is subpar, but I haven't had to deal with them yet. My HD4670 is from HIS, and hasn't skipped a beat.
 
Bough an HIS 4890 and the memory started failing a week after arrival. Sent it back a month ago and still haven't got it back yet... not to mention the missing 30 dollar rebate. I would never buy from them again.
 
Damn, seems like HIS is the new Sapphire :(

Well, in the $95~105 bucks limit, whats the best videocard i can get?
 
HIS 4870 here had it for a few months no issues. If you want the best RMA service probaly gotta pay the XFX premium.
 
They are about as reliable as any other 4890 brand, as they are all manufactured at the same place most likely.
 
Only time I interacted with HIS was a request for an RMA. Never received a response using the rma request procedure online (twice). I was lucky enough to return it to the vendor, but the customer service appears to be non-existant. To bad, as I liked the HIS Iceq (ak Artic Cooling) coolers.
 
Last edited:
Only had one HIS card. Their non-reference fan failed after a week, so I returned it to my local vendor and bought another brand. Was a good card until the fan failed though, very cool and nice OC ability.
 
HIS rebates are often not honored, so don't expect to get that $10 back.

i got my HIS rebate in about 3 weeks. HIS dont do them its World Wide rebates who do it. I recived 3 contacts one when they recieved one they were processing it then one they had shipped it.

best rebate experience i ever had to be honost. was on 20$ rebate from Newegg purchase few months back.
 
It took 4 months for my rebate! That's no problem, as I allow 6 months before I start foaming at the mouth. I have never had a problem with a HIS Card (5 for 5). I will be looking for a HD 5870 IceQ 4+ Turbo something-or-other for X-mas!!!:D
 
Back
Top