How powerful of a PSU do I need?

And yet you cite two units with known issues.

The OCZ unit has excessive ripple and the Liberty has reliability issues.

And yet you cite two units with known issues.

Heh. SureShot gets the idea; either Corsair units will work fine. Alternatively, you could get something from Silverstone's Zues range; but the Seasonic-made Corsair PSUs are still superior.

Heh. SureShot gets the idea; either Corsair units will work fine. Alternatively, you could get something from Silverstone's Zues range; but the Seasonic-made Corsair PSUs are still superior.

The Seasonic branded units are none to shabby either. The M series and the SE series, both very good.

The Seasonic branded units are none to shabby either. The M series and the SE series, both very good.

Is the M12 700W in the same class as the Corsair HX620W? Very few people seem to suggest it to people; if the Corsair 620W PSU is suggested to someone who's planning on buying a high-end rig and it's dismissed and for something more powerful like the ST85ZF is suggested, i was just wondering why people "miss" the M12 700W out as the one-up-from the HX 620W? (Fleh, long sentence.)

I'd say the M12 700W is no worse than the HX620W that's for sure.

Is the M12 700W in the same class as the Corsair HX620W? Very few people seem to suggest it to people; if the Corsair 620W PSU is suggested to someone who's planning on buying a high-end rig and it's dismissed and for something more powerful like the ST85ZF is suggested, i was just wondering why people "miss" the M12 700W out as the one-up-from the HX 620W? (Fleh, long sentence.)

Probably it's because (1) the Corsair unit is made by Seasonic so the quality and efficiency is about the same, (2) 620W is closer to the wattage sweetspot for non DX10 cards in SLI / Crossfire and if you go over approx 600W people begin to recommend 750+W PSUs, (3) The M series Seasonic units have a small 60mm fan is addition to the main 120mm fan so it's more noisy and finally (4) the Seasonic unit is simply too expensive compared to the Corsair unit when you consider that they cater to the same segment of the market.

Well that was my reasoning when I got the 620 HX from Corsair anyway, up until then I was certainly going to get a Seasonic PSU.

Back