How often or do i?

The Other

Gawd
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
809
Ok I use AS5 I have put it on about a 6 weeks ago. Is AS5 something I need to change often or no? How do you do it?
 
A)you don't need to change it often
B)it takes ~200hrs @ load temp. to break in
C)if you want to change it, just follow your manual's instructions for removing the heatsink, clean it with 91% isopropyl alcohol (get it at walmart for $1.91), then re-apply using a credit card to ensure it is evenly spread (obviously not a credit card you plan on using...)
 
Originally posted by CSx-2011
50% and 70% have too much water and filler in them. Use 91, 95 or 99%.

Generally use the highest you can find, as the price difference is minimal, and the bottle should last you pretty much forever unless you spill it :p
 
Back
Top