• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How often do you have to refill your WCing setup

Never between drain and flushes................. :eek:

I have a 40oz rez.................... :D
 
I use a T-Line and top off every few months or so. Probably no more than 1fl.oz. of coolant though. Not really a significant amount - enough to make sure I don't get air in my loop.

 
I would check it every week just to be safe, but I wouldn't think it would need to be topped off but every month or so. I had the APEX kit installed for a while and I didn't have to top it off at all.
 
Oh, I thought it was like every few days. So if I use say Hydrx (spl) coolant or a good coolant, like every month or so. Very nice. I just hope if I get the Apex kit if I can fit it all in my case.

Since its a dual fan rad and I only have one 80mm fan in the back, what do I do. Sorry, I am new to WC and want to get as much info as possible. I am guessing I will have to take off my 80mm fan and put the rad there and then try to make room for the pump inside?
 
iSkylla said:
Oh, I thought it was like every few days. So if I use say Hydrx (spl) coolant or a good coolant, like every month or so. Very nice. I just hope if I get the Apex kit if I can fit it all in my case.

Since its a dual fan rad and I only have one 80mm fan in the back, what do I do. Sorry, I am new to WC and want to get as much info as possible. I am guessing I will have to take off my 80mm fan and put the rad there and then try to make room for the pump inside?

Yea you can remove the back fan, and use the radbox included in the APEX kit to mount the radiator on the back of the case. The only thing you need to do then is drill a couple of holes for the tubing to go through. Then you have to find out where in the case to put the pump, the D5 isn't that big though so you should be able to find somewhere that works.
 
Okay, and since I only have one thing I am cooling (for now), the CPU, tubing space shouldn't be a problem.


BTW, should I use 3/8 or 1/2. I think I want a lower flowing 1/2" right?
 
If you get the APEX kit that uses 7/16" tubing (in between 3/8 and 1/2). For 7/16" tubing make sure you use 1/2" barbs however. I would recommend using either 3/8 or 7/16 for your tubing, 1/2" can be kind of large if you dont have a lot of space to work with.
 
Bio-Hazard said:
Never between drain and flushes................. :eek:

I have a 40oz rez.................... :D


Ditto, except my res has a 640 oz capacity!
 
On a different note, I was wondering what is the heat wattage of my FX-55 Clawhammer, I want to see what tempuratures I will get. Nvm, I got it, AMD says 104W Heat Load Wattage.
 
I live in a desert and need to add water every month or so, usually only a few ounces.
 
Back
Top