How much would this old Atari game be worth?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Found it in an attic. The game is Defender. Catrige is in excellent shape, has the origianl manual, also in good shape, along with some first-edition "Atari Force" comic by DC (also in great shape). What do you think this is worth?

sac_tagg said:
Found it in an attic. The game is Defender. Catrige is in excellent shape, has the origianl manual, also in good shape, along with some first-edition "Atari Force" comic by DC (also in great shape). What do you think this is worth?

Its priceless. Dont sell on original copy of Defender. Thats history your holding in your hand. Have it encased in glass and display it in its own room (with expensive security monitoring it round the clock).

Just kidding, its a piece of shit. Throw it away.

sac_tagg said:

almost nothing i bet

Such cynicism.

Currently, not a whole lot. But in twenty years, or fifty years it is hard to say. Certainly technology can be replicated but history can not, and that is a part history, of a time when gaming was a fringe entertainment medium that had yet to become the recognized, monopolized and underappreciated format it is today. I expect one day some collector or another might value it quite highly. All things appreciate in value over time so long as they resist the affects of it.

IdiotMD said:
All things appreciate in value over time so long as they resist the affects of it.

no they don't... not ALL things.. come on now...

being cynical is how we roll in these forums.. so you ride.. or die LOL..

Some things just take longer than others. I'd expect if an ancient Egyptian crotch rot removal tool was found somebody would pay top dollar for it. :p

At least its not E.T. the extra testicle

How stupid can you be to make thousands more carts than there are 2600 systems.
If you still have ADVENTURE, then at least you can say that you have the first game ever to feature an easter egg.

(FHM nov05)

If you put it on eBay as "Cursed Defender Cartridge found in Haunted House Attic" you can effectively triple its value.

I would recommend that you just hold onto it. It's really not worth much now, but as someone said, who knows in 20 years or so?

Back