How much would this memory be worth

niceplace

Weaksauce
I boughtr this memory in December, just wondering how much i could expect to get for it in £,s

OCZ (OCZ2G8001GK) 1GB (2x512MB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 CL 5-5-5-12 Gold XTC Dual Channel Kit (LIFETIME WARRANTY)

Its not been over clocked.

I wasnt expecting that much, i wonder if ebay would be the place to sell. I will have a look what its going for on there.

well its almost brand new...and OCZ...prices in Portugal and the UK are +- the same...so I guess they're worth that much :)

well yeah if you sell them on ebay you'll probably get less...try this or any other forums...hardware is usually sold by the price its actually worth :p

try this or any other forums...hardware is usually sold by the price its actually worth

Yeah, thats a good idea. Thanks

Would you know how the lifetime warranty would work if anything should go wrong with the modules, with it being a second owner. Or would the warranty not now apply.

Yeah, thats a good idea. Thanks

Would you know how the lifetime warranty would work if anything should go wrong with the modules, with it being a second owner. Or would the warranty not now apply.
you can check it out here - there's no reference to the no. of owners...so as long as theyre original and have been treated properly, warranty applies :)

Ok, that sounds good but i notice ocz dont have anywhere in the uk for returning stuff. So i wonder if i would be dealing with the store were i bought it.

Ok, that sounds good but i notice ocz dont have anywhere in the uk for returning stuff. So i wonder if i would be dealing with the store were i bought it.
for the first 2 years you can drop them at the store where you bought them and they'll take care of it...after that period you have to ship them to the Netherlands yourself (that office takes care of RMA)

So now im wondering would that necessitate who ever bought them having to send them to me to return within that two year period if a fault developed. With me having the order number. I would be a bit dubious about giving the order number to a stranger in case any financial details were revealed in a phone conversation say, when they called the store.

So now im wondering would that necessitate who ever bought them having to send them to me to return within that two year period if a fault developed. With me having the order number. I would be a bit dubious about giving the order number to a stranger in case any financial details were revealed in a phone conversation say, when they called the store.
well usually the seller includes the receipt of purchase along with the items...and so never has to worry about it again...

Maybe im just becoming paranoid about identity theft, you do get warned a lot about here in the uk. Ive just checked the invoice and it has last four digits of credit card, my name and address. It just worries me a bit.

Maybe im just becoming paranoid about identity theft, you do get warned a lot about here in the uk. Ive just checked the invoice and it has last four digits of credit card, my name and address. It just worries me a bit.
well yeah I had noticed that about you UK fellas (especially on eBay...wont even provide BIC/IBAN for me make a transfer...gotta be Paypal cause its "safe" :p) but then again you're constantly being warned about it...at least us portuguese trust each other (yeah right :p)

if youre not comfortable giving away the receipt with that info, just assume the responsability of taking the chips back to the store (during the 2 year guarantee) if they go kaputz on the second owner

gotta be Paypal cause its "safe"

Its not just me then :) . I found myself nodding in agreement as i read the above :D

I would have to think long and hard before i passed the invoice on.

Back