How much space are your apps taking up?

Sly

Supreme [H]ardness
How many gigs are your apps taking up on your iPod/iPad/iPhone? Do you still have space for your media files?

It's probably because i don't load useless apps that i'm barely hitting 1 gig (2+gigs if you include TTR3). But the way some people talk, it's like they're expecting to fill up theirs with nothing but apps.

About 3GB on my iPhone and about 5GB on my iPad. Most of the space on the iPad is the Elements app which is nearly 2GB in size. You're correct that lots of people overestimate how much size they are going to need on their iPad/iPhone because they are afraid they are going to run out of space for their apps.

16GB iPads are IMHO plenty for most people, in that they are mainly used for apps and web/email. Don't bother with a larger model unless you're absolutely going to load it up with video and music for the road, or if you are going to edit a bunch of RAW image files on the iPad. At home you can just stream media over wifi. I use my iPhone to listen to music, only reason I have a 32GB model.

Well under a gig on my iPhone EDGE....i have 15 apps installed and thats it...i use it as a phone, and calendar and occasional Doodle Jump/Angry birds....no other things are typically done...

iPhone 4 32GB
Audio: 26.6GB
Photos: 0.49GB
Apps: 0.78GB
Other: 0.56GB
Free: 0.66GB

With a 45GB music library I wanted to carry as much as I could with me at any given time.

128 Apps - (7GB)
A couple of those are large navigation apps and then I have a few larger games as well.

.24GB on my iPod Touch. However, I haven't had it very long and haven't used it a whole lot yet.

About 2.2g on my ipod touch. TomTom US+Canada is the major offender at over 1g by itself, worth it for offline maps though.

~7 gigs on my iPhone 4. Most of the space is taken up by games, no GPS software.

My problem is that I buy games that I'd like to play when they go on sale and just leave them on my phone.

I wish I would have went for the 32 gig model.

106 Apps (can't see how much space they are actually taking up directly on the phone), although honestly alot of them I don't use. I downloaded them once, were cool for a few mins, then I forgot about them. 498 MB free after music o_O

Back