• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How much power do I need for a RAID 5?

exutable

n00b
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
30
Hey guys I currently have a server that is an HP with 2 gb of ram 2.66 AMD dual core processor.......... I want to do a RAID 5 so I am getting a new motherboard for my own computer and throwing it in this one, I have a 400w power supply in the HP and a 600w in my computer, if I want to RAID 5 4 teabytres and have one 120 gb for the OS with a crappy PCI video card... How many watts do you think I need?

Thanks in advance.
 
It depends how many drives you are using to acchieve 4tb's of storage.

I'm going to assume you are using 1tb drives, so I'd say basically anything decent will do. HX620.
 
Back
Top