• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How much performance boost 7200.7 -> 7200.10?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
3,035
Right now I have a seagate 7200.7 120gb 8mb IDE partioned with windows and storage and then I have a 120gb 8mb maxtor I got like 2 yrs ago on that black friday sale.

Would I see a big performance boost getting one of those seagate 7200.10 16mb sataII perpendicular recording drives. I would like to get one of these, keep one of my 120gb for storage and maybe sell the other or something.

Thanks
 
I just picked up the 250gb seagate perpedicular recording drive for $80 from newegg. I read the reviews and some people say its just short of the 150gb raptor in peformance.
 
Back
Top