• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How much memory do you have?

How much memory do you have?

  • Less than 128 mb

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 128-255 mb

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 256-383 mb

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 384-511 mb

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 512-767 mb

    Votes: 15 17.6%
  • 768-1023 mb

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 1 gb

    Votes: 54 63.5%
  • 1.5 gb

    Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 2 gb

    Votes: 7 8.2%
  • More than 2 gb

    Votes: 3 3.5%

  • Total voters
    85

Gary King

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
313
Wow, I can't believe I couldn't find one of these types of polls here :p

Anyways, I got 512 now and was curious if I should upgrade it to something higher.

Let's see what you guys have in your rig ;)
 
i would say most are gonna have 512 or a gig. thats pretty standard now. correct me if im wrong but you cant over clock with odd number amout of memory modules.
 
1 GB seems fairly common now. But it seems overkill for someone like me, who mostly just does coding work :)
 
knothead34 said:
i would say most are gonna have 512 or a gig. thats pretty standard now. correct me if im wrong but you cant over clock with odd number amout of memory modules.
yeah you can, are you thinking dual channel?

gig here as well :cool:

 
i voted 1gb, but... :p

1152.png
 
Alot more people have 1 GB of memory that I expected.


Too many people Have 1GB to make me feel comfortable, so I must now get 2 GB!
 
workstation 4GB PC2700 (ECC & Reg) one stick per channel
NAS 2GB PC2100
browserbox 1GB PC133
Linux Box 768MB PC133

another 768MB PC2100 waiting for a good home

all Crucial or Silicon Mountain Memory (Lifetime Warranty)
 
JL_Audio_User said:
1Gig of Corsair with pretty LED lights

The LED lights help with performance :rolleyes:


d00d thats just like my video card it has a blanket of dust to keep it "hot" to improve preformence and give me more 3d05 marks yo~


edit: 1024mb of Geil ram, it was cheap and had blue heatspreads what can i say :p


soulsaver_8229
 
2 x 512 Geil Golden Dragons PC3500 :)

Bit Torrent machine has 128 though of RDRAM, which is the reason it still has 128. When I upgrade this year depending whether or not I stay Intel will decide if I actually take the plunge and get 2 gigs. If I go AMD I will probablly stick at one gig.
 
4x 512mb corsair pc3200 ecc/registered dimms is a 2x2 NUMA config :)
 
Running 1GB of PC3200.

1 x 512MB ProMOS
1 x 512MB SuperTalent
 
2x512mb of Corsair ValueSelect

...though I'm thinking of getting 2x512 of Crucial Ballistix....only need to buy 1 more stick, as I've recently come across one stick....
 
heliotrope said:
...though I'm thinking of getting 2x512 of Crucial Ballistix....only need to buy 1 more stick, as I've recently come across one stick....
i have some ballistix in my rig. it's a lot of fun, especially if you can get a fan on it and give it 3v :D
 
2x512 Corsair Value Select
2x256 Rosewill Crap
=1.5GB (on downstairs rig)

1x256 HP Stock RAM
1x512 Geil Gold Dragon stuff
=768MB on lappy

 
2x512, 4x256, 1x512.

Memory requirements haven't really gone up much since XP came out.
 
Back
Top