• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

how much heat can a pump generate?

bladeiai

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
1,126
I have a Hydor L35 pump from dangerden and the nv-68 water block, tdx amd64 waterblock, with a black ice pro, and a double floppy drive res. Ive found my temps vary depending on room temp but Ive also noticed that my temps dont go down when I leave my computer off with the pump still running, if I leave the pump on with my system off when I turn it one the temps are like 47C for my video card(bfg 6800gt 400/1100) and 40C for my cpu(amd64 3400+ @ 2520). but if I leave the pump off then the temps are around 42C video and 98F for the cpu but when I use a program that heats them up they go back up to 47 and 40 and dont come back down. anybody have any suggestions?



I have a probe on my radiator and the temp actually goes down when I turn the system on(guessing because the fan comes on) and the pump is very warm to the touch(feels alot warmer then either waterblock)
 
I'm just assuming here, but since pumps don't use that much energy. The fact that if feels warm to the touch is probably a good thing in that a lot of the heat is radiating from the pump itself to the air instead of the water. just a guess, but that thought seems logical on the surface.
 
A radiator will not lower temperatures very well at all unless you have some airflow moving over it. Try turning off your computer and sticking an AC fan blowing some air through the radiator, you will find out that the temperatures drop a good bit, probably down close to idle.

I am not sure about the Hydor L35, but I know the L30 has a power consumption of about 23W, I would guess about 75-50% of that is finding its way into the water.
 
Back
Top