• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How much do you pay per kWh?

OSUguy98

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2006
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
3,959
I'm just trying to get an idea as to what an "average" rate is for power. So if you guys can do me a favor and list what state you're in and your power rate, then I can gets some averages and we can better answer questions like "How much will a _________ cost me to run 24/7?"

So just take a look at your power bill next time you get one (or the last one) and post here...

And just to keep it simple... I only really need the state and the rate:


State: WV
Rate: $0.065

So something like the above...


Keep on Folding!!

 
11.13 cents per KwH. Here is the breakdown on my new bill.

250 kWh at $0.0188 per kWh $4.70
370 kWh at $0.06318 per kWh $23.38
Fuel Cost Adjustment at $0.05724 for 620 $35.49

I can't get any cheaper really. I've got an apartment with a bunch of crappy electric appliances that suck power like it's going out of style.
 
$.050 a KWH, in idaho for non summer usage, and .055 for summertime usage, what ever that means ;) that's Idaho Power :D
 
$0.115 per kwh for me. I don't know if it will change in the summer.


edit: I had a factor of 10 error in what I stated.
 
9.47 cents/kwh this month.

The rate schedule is 2.71 cents/kwh basic, and the fuel surcharge takes care of the rest. :rolleyes:

Used to be around 4.22 cents/kwh surcharge. Life was good then... :)
 
I know, his posts are so clear it almost seemed like he was next door.
 
Northern Virginia
Jun-Sep $.0727
Oct-May $.0555
Annual Average $.0630

6 cpus
4 would run about 24/7 anyways - additional 30 watts/cpu folding
2 folding for the cause - each drawing ~120 W at full fold (from Kill-A-Watt)
Thus:
4x30=120W/h
2x120=240W/h
Total ~ 1/3KWh/h
Equals about 8KWh/day
Equals about $0.50/day
Heating season and window cooled - mid October through mid May = 6 months of good
Cooling season - Late May through early October = 6 months of A/C
Potential for helping cure disease - priceless.

/edit - currently all are cracking a total of better than 500ppd, so I'm getting about 10 points per penny.
 
Live in South-Central PA state, with Adams Electric. Works out to be about 9.5c/kwh...
 
Tigerbiten said:
England.
5.95p per KWH

Luck........ :D

Thats rather cheap, most companies over here all seem to be in the range of 7.5p+ per KWH these days. Had like 20% price rises the last 2 years.

 
DarkBahamut said:
Thats rather cheap, most companies over here all seem to be in the range of 7.5p+ per KWH these days. Had like 20% price rises the last 2 years.

From 11th Jan to 21st April.
Cost :- £209.37
Power used:- 3524 Kwh
Price per Kwh is 5.94p per Kwh.

There is a couple of reasons I get this price.
Because my folding boxen use 6x the power I normally do, they maximize the off peak power use @ 2.712 p per Kwh.
Plus my meter is out and gives me off peak power all afternoon....... ;)
Also because I use a lot of power it minimizes the effect of the first 250 Kwh which cost 14.906 p per Kwh.

Luck......... :D
 
Queen Creek / Pheonix area AZ

Here is what I pay.
monthly service charge - $8.16
delivery charge - $19.15
energy charge - $31.38

county/ state tax - $3.87

total - $62.56

electric%20costs.JPG


 
Bump for all the new people that could provide some more info!


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
$.12 first 500 kWh
$.078 after that

Then some PCA charge for .005 for every kWh.

Prices are a reflection of Maricopa, AZ

Will update when I get the next bill with first month's AC and 7 CPUs cranking away.

 
6 cents per kWh right now, but i live in buttfuck ohio. im moving to california within a month, so im sure i'll probbly be paying around 8+
 
0.08.

To the guy moving to cali, you mean 0.06 now and 8.00 after you move right?
 
Where are you mobiux?


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
mobiux said:
0.08.

To the guy moving to cali, you mean 0.06 now and 8.00 after you move right?

most likely. typo was my bad. it'll cost me $20/day to run my alarm clock.


 
Probably will not help but at my dad's place:

Singapore
Between $0.10-$0.12

Sad thing is that I have to limit using computer and F@H b/c aircon has to be switched on all year on account of temps never going below 75 even at night all year round. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top