How much do you pay for power?

How much do you pay for power? (in $/KWh USD)

  • More than $0.20/KWh

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • $0.15/KWh to $0.20/KWh

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • $0.10/KWh to $0.15/KWh

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • $0.05/KWh to $0.10/KWh

    Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Less than $0.05/KWh

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I make my own power (wind turbine, solar, etc)

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Free

    Votes: 15 26.3%

  • Total voters
    57
Mine is $0.0421/KWh.

Live in rural Pacific NW but that also means no broadband, cable tv (I have satellite), and poor land line telephone quality as well as poor cell reception.
 
I pay 9.5c/kwh.

Gnewbury, I just finished a survey of my boxes with a Kill-A-Watt meter...interesting to say the least.

C2D E6400 OC'd to 3.2ghz/core...folding: 154 watts 24.06w/ghz.

X2 3800 OC'd to 2.45ghz.core...folding with 1 core, and an ATI X1900XTX doing GPU folding on the other core...253 watts, 51.63w/ghz

A64 3400 2.46ghz...folding: 130watts 54.16w/ghz

XP2700, MSI board 2.162ghz...folding: 121watts 55.96w/ghz

XP2700, Abit NF7-S board, 2.162 ghz...folding: 138watts (why?) 63.82w/ghz

Dell laptop, 2.6ghz Celeron...folding: 62watts 23.84w/ghz

I don't know why the XP2700 on the Abit board is 17w higher; they're similarly equipped and all non-used mobo functions are off.
 
unhappy_mage said:
At home, 12.885 cents per kWh, non-summer rate.

But my electricity is included in dorm fees here at school.
Yeah... that.

Bill Clo said:
I don't know why the XP2700 on the Abit board is 17w higher; they're similarly equipped and all non-used mobo functions are off.
Because the NF7-S is an nVidia chipset, and those are power hungry little buggers.

the black knight always triumphs!
 
Make sure you get all the little fees on the bill. Mine is $0.143/kwh.




 
Back
Top