How much difference is there between the HP LP2475w and the Dell U2410?

natermeister

Limp Gawd
I have a single HP LP2475w, since they apparently don't make the monitor anymore that makes getting a second one to go with it rather difficult. The Dell U2420 seems to be a very similar display, so I'm wonder how much difference there would be between the two?

Does anyone know if they have the same panel OEM, how much different the controls are, ect? Also, if anyone happens to want to sell a 2475w...

Technically Dell U2410 should be better as it offers proper sRGB emulation mode, but apparently its backlight controlling sucks. It has noticeably worse black depth and contrast ratios compared to LP2475w, which is very good when it comes to IPS monitors. Because of that, to me U2410 was a wasted potential. It could have been a monitor that LP2475w should have been.

I believe it's been said that they both use the same LG panels (but obviously with own firmware/backlight/circuitry...etc). There have been tint issues reported on the HP, but not to the degree of the Dell. This might be due to how much easier it is to get a U2410 though, and it is mostly cheaper in cost.

The black level/contrast aren't that much more worse on the Dell according to tftcentral's review.

With that being said, it's definitely easier with Dell to get a replacement, since you mentioned the HP being discontinued. I am on my third NEW (not refurb) replacement for Dell. However, I am going to refund, because only 1 of my 3 U2410s were any good (and that one developed a dead pixel after 2 weeks). Too much randomness in getting a good screen with this LG panel.

I went through both monitors during 2009, returning the U2410 and selling the LP2475 before buying a NEC at the end of the year. Wasn't an enjoyable experience, maybe you'd be better off looking at the HP ZR24 instead.

I believe it's been said that they both use the same LG panels (but obviously with own firmware/backlight/circuitry...etc). There have been tint issues reported on the HP, but not to the degree of the Dell. This might be due to how much easier it is to get a U2410 though, and it is mostly cheaper in cost.

The black level/contrast aren't that much more worse on the Dell according to tftcentral's review.

With that being said, it's definitely easier with Dell to get a replacement, since you mentioned the HP being discontinued. I am on my third NEW (not refurb) replacement for Dell. However, I am going to refund, because only 1 of my 3 U2410s were any good (and that one developed a dead pixel after 2 weeks). Too much randomness in getting a good screen with this LG panel.

Contrast ratio on Dell rolls round 500-600 and black depth is consistently above 0.20 which is quite bad. LP2475w can go as low as 0.15 depending on color temperature settings, around 0.17-0.18 calibrated to 6500K depending on piece one uses, and contrast ratio is consistently around 700-800, excellent scores for IPS. A HUGE difference compared to Dell which is closer to old IPS monitors.

Contrast ratio on Dell rolls round 500-600 and black depth is consistently above 0.20 which is quite bad. LP2475w can go as low as 0.15 depending on color temperature settings, around 0.17-0.18 calibrated to 6500K depending on piece one uses, and contrast ratio is consistently around 700-800, excellent scores for IPS. A HUGE difference compared to Dell which is closer to old IPS monitors.

I stand corrected lol...I must have been thinking of 2408wfp black depth for some reason.:confused:

Back